One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Anglican Consultative Council has issued a statement on the divestment controversy which achieves a truly egregious conflation of sanctimoniousness, disingenuousness and sheer moral humbug.’
- ‘Finally, this whole business of one man's sanctimoniousness over the issue of ‘walking’ is threatening to get out of hand.’
- ‘Having stayed in this land of elephants and snake charmers for twenty years now, I've become used to this inane exposition of sanctimoniousness.’
- ‘Yet he said, with a Kafkaesque sanctimoniousness, that he had promised his mother he would make it through to this trial so that he could tell the truth to the parents about their daughters' deaths.’
- ‘After the stifling incense-choked sanctimoniousness of American politics, getting back to Britain was like coming up for air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.