One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a powerful military caste in feudal Japan.as modifier ‘samurai warriors’‘a samurai sword’
- ‘The samurai no longer believed that being a good warrior was all that was necessary.’
- ‘There were also some Social-climbing merchants who had money and paid to become adopted by a samurai family.’
- ‘I worried that the wait staff might pull out their samurai swords at any moment.’
- ‘The world of the samurai in ancient Japan has long been intriguing.’
- ‘When he was a little kid, Bill went to Japan and started studying with the greatest samurai warrior alive today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.