One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Error in a statistical analysis arising from the unrepresentativeness of the sample taken.‘a percentage of the total variation is attributable to sampling error’
- ‘In addition to these caveats, sampling error due to analysis of an inadequate sample volume can also lead to a false-negative test result.’
- ‘A search for moderators was pursued only if less than 60% of the variation of observed coefficients could be explained by a combination of sampling error and measurement error.’
- ‘As with other statistical techniques, sampling errors can affect the parameters of the data spectrum, which are just estimates of true but unknown population data.’
- ‘As we assumed excess variability to be due to both sampling error and random differences across studies, we fitted the data to a random effects model, which provides more conservative estimates than a fixed effects model.’
- ‘This is because the statistical sampling error of the phase is inversely related to the squared coherence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.