Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for show bag
- ‘Children will enjoy the sample bags and the exciting rides, as well as the super slide and mini golf.’
- ‘In the twentieth century, the parade became a highlight and producers introduced complimentary sample bags, or show bags, of their goods.’
- ‘There will be heaps of entertainment for the whole family and free face painting and sample bags available for the children so bring the family along!’
- ‘The effort involved distributing sample bags of nutritional supplements at senior tennis tournaments in the Los Angeles area and at gyms selected for their high percentage of senior members and programs.’
- ‘They toured office buildings, soccer games, downtown malls and office areas, flower shows and art fairs - with insulated sample bags to keep the bars chilled.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.