One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a type of dance music that is psychedelic or disorientating in nature and created using samples and other digital technology.‘sampladelic and soulful jungle’
- ‘For a while, with short little bursts presumably ripped from his radio, it sounds more like a sampladelic orgy than the usual pulsating sheets of sound these musicians produce.’
- ‘It starts off well with Coldcut's sampladelic show-off ‘More Beats and Pieces,’ but from there, the disc finds its all-stars relying too heavily on guest singers, and worse, guest rappers.’
- ‘Much of the time they're trying to create a ‘theory-rush’ that matches the buzz they get from contemporary sampladelic dance music; they describe, half-jokingly, what they do as ‘sub-bass materialism.’’
- ‘‘Telemetron’ features classic Ninja Tune sampladelic funk and is the first track on the DVD presented in 3D.’
- ‘He, an avid fan of both sampladelic hip-hop and hard bop, attempts to combine his two musical loves into his own style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.