Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting a type of dance music that is psychedelic or disorientating in nature and created using samples and other digital technology.‘sampladelic and soulful jungle’
- ‘It starts off well with Coldcut's sampladelic show-off ‘More Beats and Pieces,’ but from there, the disc finds its all-stars relying too heavily on guest singers, and worse, guest rappers.’
- ‘He, an avid fan of both sampladelic hip-hop and hard bop, attempts to combine his two musical loves into his own style.’
- ‘For a while, with short little bursts presumably ripped from his radio, it sounds more like a sampladelic orgy than the usual pulsating sheets of sound these musicians produce.’
- ‘‘Telemetron’ features classic Ninja Tune sampladelic funk and is the first track on the DVD presented in 3D.’
- ‘Much of the time they're trying to create a ‘theory-rush’ that matches the buzz they get from contemporary sampladelic dance music; they describe, half-jokingly, what they do as ‘sub-bass materialism.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.