One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a type of dance music that is psychedelic or disorientating in nature and created using samples and other digital technology.‘sampladelic and soulful jungle’
- ‘He, an avid fan of both sampladelic hip-hop and hard bop, attempts to combine his two musical loves into his own style.’
- ‘For a while, with short little bursts presumably ripped from his radio, it sounds more like a sampladelic orgy than the usual pulsating sheets of sound these musicians produce.’
- ‘‘Telemetron’ features classic Ninja Tune sampladelic funk and is the first track on the DVD presented in 3D.’
- ‘It starts off well with Coldcut's sampladelic show-off ‘More Beats and Pieces,’ but from there, the disc finds its all-stars relying too heavily on guest singers, and worse, guest rappers.’
- ‘Much of the time they're trying to create a ‘theory-rush’ that matches the buzz they get from contemporary sampladelic dance music; they describe, half-jokingly, what they do as ‘sub-bass materialism.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.