One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking in variety; monotonous.‘dance music all sounds rather samey to me’
tedious, dull, monotonousView synonyms
- ‘He finds their look contrived, their music empty, their songs too samey and their CD overhyped.’
- ‘Tim has little time for supermarkets because they are ‘getting very samey in what they sell’.’
- ‘The difference culturally has also been very interesting, and at times we would have to admit that African food has been at best a bit samey!’
- ‘Unlike the beer, the background music is too samey (slick and bland ambient and dance sounds, albeit pretty unobtrusive).’
- ‘I have played the album quite a few times, and am happy to listen all the way through, but the middle of the album does seem a bit samey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.