One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Leading to salvation.‘the salvific power of the Lord’
- ‘Kasper argues that the salvific nature of the Old Covenant follows from the fact that God's grace is available to all!’
- ‘The images of the beloved saints, moreover, served as conduits of salvific grace.’
- ‘Suffering is not some great salvific act in and of itself.’
- ‘In his person Christ established a salvific mystery.’
- ‘It is not the act itself that is salvific; the disposition alone is what saves.’
Late 16th century: from Latin salvificus ‘saving’, from salvus ‘safe’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.