One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where disused machinery is broken up.
- ‘One of the most reliable places to get genuine Volvo parts at a discounted price is a salvage yard.’
- ‘Only vehicle manufacturers, through their agents and dealerships, are to sell spares which means an instant end to auto jumbles, or salvage yards.’
- ‘However, a salvage yard can be a goldmine, especially if you are not the type to pay more than you need to and you like to work on your car yourself.’
- ‘They developed a design built around a dump truck with a burnt-out cab, sourced from a local salvage yard.’
- ‘Some even physically remove the VIN plate from vehicles in auto salvage yards that allow customers to ‘pick your own parts.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.