Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The student ranking second highest in a graduating class who delivers the salutatory.
- ‘She has been checking with area alumni to compile lists of the valedictorians and salutatorians for each graduating class as well as records set by past district athletes.’
- ‘She turned toward the stage as everyone started clapping as AJ, the class valedictorian, and Matt, the class salutatorian, walked up to the podium to make their speeches.’
- ‘In addition, 26 percent of admitted students were valedictorians or salutatorians of their high school class.’
- ‘Rebecca finished eighth-grade last year as the salutatorian of her class.’
- ‘He was salutatorian while Tina was valedictorian the year they graduated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.