One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The student ranking second highest in a graduating class who delivers the salutatory.
- ‘In addition, 26 percent of admitted students were valedictorians or salutatorians of their high school class.’
- ‘He was salutatorian while Tina was valedictorian the year they graduated.’
- ‘Rebecca finished eighth-grade last year as the salutatorian of her class.’
- ‘She has been checking with area alumni to compile lists of the valedictorians and salutatorians for each graduating class as well as records set by past district athletes.’
- ‘She turned toward the stage as everyone started clapping as AJ, the class valedictorian, and Matt, the class salutatorian, walked up to the podium to make their speeches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.