One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large and dangerous crocodile occurring in estuaries and coastal waters from south-western India to northern Australia.
Crocodylus porosus, family Crocodylidae
- ‘Seven farms operate in Australia's Northern Territory, raising saltwater crocodiles from hatchlings and selling their skin and meat.’
- ‘Caught disturbing residents of Wyndham, Western Australia, a saltwater crocodile is restrained for shipment to a park.’
- ‘Unlike saltwater crocodiles, freshwater crocodiles generally do not pose a threat to humans.’
- ‘The skin of the saltwater crocodile produces the highest quality leather of the world's crocodilian species.’
- ‘Crocodiles vary in size. The saltwater crocodile measures up to 10 m in length, while others are no more than 1 m long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.