One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘French chef Joel Robuchon insists that chips ought to be salted twice: once lightly with finely ground salt, which is absorbed into the surface, and again with sea-salt flakes to add a tangy saltiness.’
- ‘For instance, a little sourness from lime or lemon juice in a stir-fry will emphasise saltiness and reduce the amount of salt required.’
- ‘The coarse texture and mild flavour of the beans contrasted nicely with the saltiness of the smoked ham and the richness of the sausage.’
- ‘A ‘flan’ of braised short ribs had a musky, barbecue taste, but I was overwhelmed by its saltiness after a bite or two.’
- ‘It was not remotely greasy and any tendency towards blandness was countered by the saltiness of the feta, while the orange butter sauce saved the whole dish from becoming too dry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.