One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural salpingectomiesmass noun
Surgical removal of the fallopian tubes.
- ‘Where the tubes are irreversibly damaged and there are large, communicating hydrosalpinges, salpingectomy (laparoscopic or open) is recommended as the success of in vitro fertilisation is impaired by their presence.’
- ‘Before the advent of laparoscopy, laparotomy with salpingectomy (removal of the fallopian tube through an abdominal incision) was the standard therapy for managing ectopic pregnancy.’
- ‘Previously, salpingectomy by laparotomy was the gold standard for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy.’
- ‘One year later she had a tubal pregnancy and needed salpingectomy.’
- ‘Although past treatment consisted of an open laparotomy and salpingectomy, current laparoscopic techniques for unruptured ectopic pregnancy emphasize tubal preservation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.