One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A migration of salmon up a river from the sea, in order to spawn.‘the largest pink and coho salmon runs in the state’
- ‘The inhabitants of the Outer Hebrides, along with many others in Scotland, see their illegal harvesting of local salmon runs as their heritable right.’
- ‘You don't perhaps get the salmon runs that Ireland still enjoys but the streams of Jutland still get good runs at certain periods of the year.’
- ‘Environmental groups, which want the Scottish Executive to move fish farms away from salmon runs, said it was too early to draw firm conclusions on a permanent recovery.’
- ‘Record salmon runs have been recorded in Norway, Scotland and other European countries following recent drift-net bans.’
- ‘Resident orcas are fish-eaters with a strong preference for salmon, timing their movements within their territories with salmon runs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.