One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural salespeople, Plural salespersons
A salesman or saleswoman (used as a neutral alternative).
salesman, saleswoman, sales assistant, assistant, shop assistant, saleslady, salesgirl, seller, negotiator, representative, sales representative, agentView synonyms
- ‘Most of the top directors are totally unreachable and it's the poor salespersons or customer service departments that become front line. Of course being assertive comes with practice and confidence.’
- ‘No sooner has the salesperson sold you the hi-fi, radio or washing machine than they offer you an extended warranty in case it goes wrong.’
- ‘In the showroom John McCormack is the Principal salesman with three expert salespeople working under him.’
- ‘The service is unobtrusive and the salespersons know what they are selling.’
- ‘Not many salespersons can give the right information; many turn to the owner or the manager who has more experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.