One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The skills and methods used in selling or promoting commercial products.‘you have to admire the slick salesmanship behind the marketing’‘this aggressive salesmanship borders on harassment’
- ‘Seeing the programme reminded me of the best bit of salesmanship I ever heard.’
- ‘Familiarising new products among consumers goes a long way in sharpening their across-the-counter salesmanship.’
- ‘Today, the best software maintenance is part salesmanship.’
- ‘The capacity just to listen well to what people are telling you is an essential element of salesmanship.’
- ‘Persuading patients to dig into their own pockets is going to demand some intense salesmanship.’
- ‘The more growers a group represented, the more bargaining power it had behind its salesmanship.’
- ‘The conversation is a typical mix of subtle salesmanship and good humour.’
- ‘A recruiter might learn new methods of salesmanship to sign up recruits.’
- ‘Politically, the idea is a potential disaster, which will take a lot of salesmanship and flowery prose to avert.’
- ‘He put his finger on our prime weakness: a gullibility to the wiles of salesmanship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.