One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tax on sales or on the receipts from sales.
- ‘But people who live in states that collect income taxes and sales taxes must choose which one to deduct, leaving roughly half to a third of their state tax obligation undeductible.’
- ‘The traditional tax system of Castile, with its reliance upon sales taxes and a direct tax on the tithe proved ill suited for the natural resource based economy of New Spain.’
- ‘Shift the burden more to the wealthy by reducing property and sales taxes and imposing state income tax.’
- ‘In any case, of course, all education costs come from the same taxpayer whether collected through income taxes, sales taxes or property levies.’
- ‘Thus school district funding is tied to the sources of state general funds - typically receipts from sales taxes and income taxes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.