One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tax on sales or on the receipts from sales.
- ‘Thus school district funding is tied to the sources of state general funds - typically receipts from sales taxes and income taxes.’
- ‘In any case, of course, all education costs come from the same taxpayer whether collected through income taxes, sales taxes or property levies.’
- ‘But people who live in states that collect income taxes and sales taxes must choose which one to deduct, leaving roughly half to a third of their state tax obligation undeductible.’
- ‘Shift the burden more to the wealthy by reducing property and sales taxes and imposing state income tax.’
- ‘The traditional tax system of Castile, with its reliance upon sales taxes and a direct tax on the tithe proved ill suited for the natural resource based economy of New Spain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.