Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Persuasive talk to promote the sale of goods or the acceptance of an idea.‘confounded by the producer 's sales talk, how can one tell the difference between ‘cheap and cheerful’ and ‘cheap and nasty’?’
- ‘Terms like ‘return on investment’ and ‘bottom line’ are now commonplace in sales talk.’
- ‘The sales talk, however, should be separate from the information section.’
- ‘Throughout the coming weeks, when the general election campaign is full flow, the margins between sales talk and real politics are expected to become blurred.’
- ‘So too often what looks like genuine information turns out to be sales talk.’
- ‘You've been to the trade shows, you heard the sales talk, but you always found a reason not to take the leap.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.