One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area of a shop or other retail establishment where goods are displayed for sale.‘the store had multiple salespeople assisting customers on the sales floor’‘the majority of car purchases take place on a dealer's sales floor’
- ‘All retail warehouses must secure merchandise stored on shelves 12 feet or more above the sales floor.’
- ‘As is their custom, the price for the product wasn't out on the sales floor.’
- ‘It's is a huge facility—approximately 40,000 square feet, with half of the space devoted to the sales floor.’
- ‘We were invited beyond the sales floor into several of the workshops.’
- ‘Our managers understand what a good salesperson is, because we promote exclusively from our sales floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.