One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who serves customers in a shop.
- ‘Most people, I reckon, could be swayed by the sales assistant's generous offer.’
- ‘The scam involves two young men visiting a business to buy goods, then telling a sales assistant that they're calling their father to arrange payment.’
- ‘The sales assistant in the games store informed me that there was only one copy left of the game I wanted.’
- ‘The pay hike sees the top rate for sales assistants in the grocery chain rise to £8.26 an hour.’
- ‘Kath went from waitressing to cashier to sales assistant.’
- ‘He started work at 14 upon leaving school as a Sales Assistant, until he went into the Royal Air Force in 1941.’
- ‘Bethan, 30, joined Boots more than 10 years ago as a part-time sales assistant while at university.’
- ‘He sits for 20 minutes in the office of Delta Bank, located inside the store, giving personal information to a sales assistant.’
- ‘For a start, anyone casually dressed won't be given the time of day, and sales assistants occasionally refuse to let scruffy customers try on the clothes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.