One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who serves customers in a shop.
- ‘The scam involves two young men visiting a business to buy goods, then telling a sales assistant that they're calling their father to arrange payment.’
- ‘For a start, anyone casually dressed won't be given the time of day, and sales assistants occasionally refuse to let scruffy customers try on the clothes.’
- ‘Bethan, 30, joined Boots more than 10 years ago as a part-time sales assistant while at university.’
- ‘The pay hike sees the top rate for sales assistants in the grocery chain rise to £8.26 an hour.’
- ‘Kath went from waitressing to cashier to sales assistant.’
- ‘The sales assistant in the games store informed me that there was only one copy left of the game I wanted.’
- ‘Most people, I reckon, could be swayed by the sales assistant's generous offer.’
- ‘He started work at 14 upon leaving school as a Sales Assistant, until he went into the Royal Air Force in 1941.’
- ‘He sits for 20 minutes in the office of Delta Bank, located inside the store, giving personal information to a sales assistant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.