One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arrangement by which a purchaser takes a quantity of goods with the right of returning surplus goods without payment.as modifier ‘booksellers normally order books on a sale-or-return basis’
- ‘Purchasing on a sale or return basis, Majestic will also offer the loan of chiller bins and ice and free glass loan.’
- ‘He had made one call to her, concerning an assignment of scented candles he'd bought prior to Christmas on sale or return, which he wanted counted and re-boxed before they were picked up by the supplier.’
- ‘The idea of selling bikes on a sale or return basis was a resounding success and the business turned around.’
- ‘And I got all the drink for sale or return, and of course everyone drank it all.’
- ‘Majestic also offers a sale or return, free delivery to venue and free glass hire agreement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.