One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An event where goods made by members of a parish or other organization are sold, typically to raise funds for charity.
- ‘Clonaslee ICA extend thanks to al those who supported the Christmas sale of work in aid of guild funds.’
- ‘Members of the Community Council are now well advanced in plans for the annual sale of work to raise funds in aid of the Community Centre.’
- ‘Kay Green Keyes aired her plans for a sale of work to raise funds for People in Need.’
- ‘The sale of work includes cakes, books and items of special interest.’
- ‘The annual sale of work takes place in the hall on Sunday, December 8, at 2.30 pm in aid of the upkeep of the hall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.