One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An event where goods made by members of a parish or other organization are sold, typically to raise funds for charity.
- ‘Members of the Community Council are now well advanced in plans for the annual sale of work to raise funds in aid of the Community Centre.’
- ‘The annual sale of work takes place in the hall on Sunday, December 8, at 2.30 pm in aid of the upkeep of the hall.’
- ‘Clonaslee ICA extend thanks to al those who supported the Christmas sale of work in aid of guild funds.’
- ‘Kay Green Keyes aired her plans for a sale of work to raise funds for People in Need.’
- ‘The sale of work includes cakes, books and items of special interest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.