One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in Japan) a white-collar worker.‘dark-suited masses of salarymen crossed the intersection like instinct-blinded salmon’
- ‘Critics claim putting the clocks forward would force Japan's notoriously workaholic salarymen to spend more time in the office.’
- ‘Kimono-clad women stand outside sushi bars and karaoke joints, beckoning salarymen to come inside.’
- ‘The streets were filled with the hustle and bustle of late afternoon as the office workers and salarymen flooded from their buildings onto the streets.’
- ‘The salarymen constitute the bedrock of the Japanese managerial system.’
- ‘Let's say you're a Japanese salaryman and have spent a long, grueling day at the office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.