One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A creamy salad dressing resembling mayonnaise.
- ‘Hey, I even started putting oil and vinegar on my salads instead of salad cream.’
- ‘On our table were the usual condiments, plus HP sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salad cream, tomato ketchup and Colman's mustard.’
- ‘I'd had salad before, but only ever with salad cream.’
- ‘I've made myself salad, which was basically lettuce and salad cream, and a few sandwiches, and that's it.’
- ‘Add some salad cream or mayonnaise, whichever you prefer, and slap between two slices of bread for the ultimate egg mayo sarnie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.