A creamy salad dressing resembling mayonnaise.
- ‘I'd had salad before, but only ever with salad cream.’
- ‘I've made myself salad, which was basically lettuce and salad cream, and a few sandwiches, and that's it.’
- ‘On our table were the usual condiments, plus HP sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salad cream, tomato ketchup and Colman's mustard.’
- ‘Hey, I even started putting oil and vinegar on my salads instead of salad cream.’
- ‘Add some salad cream or mayonnaise, whichever you prefer, and slap between two slices of bread for the ultimate egg mayo sarnie.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.