One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The status of a saint.‘Day is under consideration for sainthood by the Catholic Church’‘she deserves sainthood for taking in that many foster children’count noun ‘the process of regularly conferring sainthoods’
- ‘Restraining from watching porn on a first date does not qualify for sainthood.’
- ‘The Catholic Church doesn't give out sainthoods to people just for having been good.’
- ‘They aren't handing out sainthoods around here.’
- ‘His main opponent is a man our readers once voted the city's top candidate for sainthood.’
- ‘Mother Teresa is on her way to sainthood, having been beatified by the Pope in a two-hour ceremony in Rome.’
- ‘The church is a living monument to the ideals of a man who is set to get sainthood.’
- ‘Beatification is the final step on the path to sainthood.’
- ‘You might think the miracles necessary for sainthood actually occur in the person's lifetime.’
- ‘Perfection, like sainthood, is an eternal occupation.’
- ‘There are two major divisions of Buddhism, each of which has its own understanding of sainthood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.