One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the sacrum and the ilium.
- ‘A bone scan with sacroiliac indices is indicated if sacroiliitis is suspected.’
- ‘The anterior sacroiliac ligament connects the sacrum to the ilium in the same manner.’
- ‘The majority of their upper body weight is directed into the sacroiliac area.’
- ‘While attending pulmonary rehabilitation, the patient had one episode of back and sacroiliac pain related to twisting and bending trauma.’
- ‘Acupuncture was the treatment of choice for patients with one sided sacroiliac pain and double sided sacroiliac pain’
- 1.1 Denoting the rigid joint at the back of the pelvis between the sacrum and the ilium.
- ‘I suffered a sacroiliac strain in the service and now have arthritis in my neck, back and knees.’
- ‘Williams revealed after the season he has ankylosing spondylitis, a rheumatic disease that causes arthritis of the spine and sacroiliac joints.’
- ‘Extension exercises for the spine and hips, performed standing or prone are started early, with the therapist watching for improper technique or impingement at other structures such as the sacroiliac joint.’
- ‘On physical examination, the FABER test (consisting of hip flexion, abduction and external rotation) causes pain in the sacroiliac joint.’
- ‘A bone scan showed osteomyelitis of the left sacroiliac joint and inflammation of multiple muscles.’
- ‘Sacroiliitis is inflammation of the sacroiliac joint, which connects the lower spine and pelvis.’
- ‘This relieves the pressure on your sacroiliac joint.’
- ‘Five years ago she had problems with hypermobility in the sacroiliac joint at the base of her spine.’
- ‘Radiographs of the sacroiliac joints were obtained in each patient and reviewed independently by two observers.’
- ‘The diagnosis was later verified by radiographs of the spine sacroiliac joints’
- ‘Stability of the right sacroiliac and hip joints was preserved.’
- ‘Two views of the involved joint should be obtained, with the possible exception of the sacroiliac joints and the pelvis.’
- ‘The sacroiliac joints (SI Joints) are not skeletally articulated, but consist of a web of ligaments that weave the three bones together.’
- ‘The sacroiliac joints and the anterior superior spines of os ilium are seen in this cut.’
- ‘Ankylosing (immobility and fixation) of the back gives rise to the ‘poker back’, and sclerosis or fusing of the sacroiliac joints leads to immobility and low back pain.’
- ‘The earliest abnormalities occur in the sacroiliac joints and include pseudo-widening or narrowing from subchandral erosions sclerosis.’
- ‘There was ankylosis of both sacroiliac joints.’
- ‘Pain is experienced between the posterior iliac crest and the gluteal fold, particularly in the vicinity of the sacroiliac joints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.