One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A suit with a straight loose-fitting jacket.
- ‘The lion had his mane, the peacock his gorgeous plumage, but Man found himself in a three-button sack suit.’
- ‘Even in a sack suit or standard blazer, it's a good idea to get the jacket one size large (in the body, not the sleeves).’
- ‘Brooks Brothers is credited with popularizing the ‘sack suit’.’
- ‘I've found wearing a sack suit in business situations, including interviews, to be a no-lose situation.’
- ‘The classic American men's sack suit popularized by Brooks Brothers and Hart, Schaffner & Marx conceals a gun the size of a snubnose .38 in a front pocket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.