One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dilated to form a sac.
- ‘They are saccate or cylindrically-shaped animals with three prominent regions (corona, trunk, foot).’
- ‘The third sepal is saccate, with a slightly incurvate spur.’
- ‘Many modern conifers produce saccate pollen.’
- ‘Finally, nectar collects in the saccate nectary spur formed by the fusion of the margins of the labellum and the base of the column-foot.’
- ‘One pair of saccate gonads lies between the dorsoventral muscles and the epidermis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.