One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In doing so, they perform saccadic movements, smooth pursuit movements, vergence movements, vestibular movements, and accommodation.’
- ‘The current analyses showed that response time, number of fixations per trial, initial saccadic latency, fixation duration, and saccadic amplitude varied as a function of the ratio between the red and blue items.’
- ‘Blinks and saccadic eye movements (associated with reading, while the participant was awake) could easily be distinguished from the horizontal slow eye movements that appeared in Stage 1 sleep.’
- ‘However, there is also a genuine decrease in sensitivity to light during a saccade - called saccadic suppression.’
- ‘Previous studies have shown that the right hemisphere is responsible for the eye movements in REM sleep, which are saccadic scans of targets in the dream scene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.