One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offensive player who specializes in carrying the ball.
- ‘The offensive line and running backs are inconsistent, and the quarterbacks are green.’
- ‘He also has the lateral agility and footwork to run with most tight ends and some running backs.’
- ‘Look at all of the quality running backs, blockers, and wideouts.’
- ‘Both teams have to find a way to run the ball without their starting running back.’
- ‘The more carries a running back gets, the better chance he has of wearing down a defense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.