One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abandon (someone)‘it seems Jack's run out on her and the three children’
desert, abandon, leave in the lurch, jilt, leave high and dry, discard, cast aside, throw over, turn one's back onView synonyms
- ‘I love my daughter, you're the one who ran out on her.’
- ‘There has to be a good reason why she ran out on him.’
- ‘My mom said that my father ran out on her and that he was a bastard.’
- ‘Taylor's mother recently ran out on her and her father, so things at home haven't been the best.’
- ‘You're not going to run out on me now, are you?’
- ‘He couldn't stand the fact that she ran out on him last night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.