One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Run or perform badly.‘the nag ran like a hairy goat the last time out!’‘to make matters worse, the car was running like a hairy goat’
- ‘There is another level of embarrassed when you are representing your country and you run like a hairy goat.’
- ‘"Damn thing's running like a hairy goat. We've had it for about twenty years; I suppose it's worn out."’
- ‘It ran like a hairy goat, but it would serve.’
- ‘I ran like a 'hairy goat' even though I placed third.’
- ‘The nag ran like a hairy goat the last time out!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.