One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Attempt something difficult before one has grasped the basic skills.‘don't try to run before you can walk’
- ‘Some people put too much emphasis on making money and wanting to run before they can walk.’
- ‘Be realistic in your personal targets and do not try to run before you can walk.’
- ‘My message to those companies that are concerned with these areas is - don't try to run before you can walk.’
- ‘N - Definitely give it a go but remember, don't run before you can walk.’
- ‘Dr Terry John said that, in rushing into the establishment of PCTs, the government was ignoring the old adage that you should not try to run before you can walk.’
- ‘But in the desperate search for publicity, money and television interest, his agents and backers are trying to make him run before he can walk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.