One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounhumorous, informal
Sexual relations, especially when of a casual nature.‘TV's obsession with rumpy pumpy continues’
sexual intercourse, sex, lovemaking, making love, sex act, act of love, sexual relations, intimate relations, intimacy, coupling, mating, going to bed with someone, sleeping with someoneView synonyms
- ‘I am prepared to sacrifice a lot to get Brenda to agree to a cessation of hostilities and a resumption of rumpy pumpy, but I do have my limits.’
- ‘Since she started doing field trials with this new device, I've hardly had a chance at doing anything remotely resembling rumpy pumpy.’
- ‘Julien says he's a Communist, which means politics comes before rumpy pumpy.’
- ‘Rather than relieve the monotony, the gratuitous rumpy pumpy merely deepened it.’
- ‘An everyday story of country rumpy pumpy and just deserts perhaps, as Brian breaks down and sobs, after all these years of manipulating every blade of grass in his vicinity to his advantage.’
1960s: reduplication of rump.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.