One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cut of beef from the animal's rump.
- ‘The fillet or rump steaks are delectable and reasonably sized, served with an array of mouth-watering sauces.’
- ‘At World Sports, the menu included the Shaq 32 rump steak and the Air Jordan chicken (with pumpkin purée).’
- ‘The rump steak was especially succulent, the chicken in tomato and basil sauce, lamb and mint koftas and beef kebabs moist and tender.’
- ‘The most expensive dish on the menu - a 16 oz rump steak served with onion rings, tomato and mushrooms - cost only £12.95.’
- ‘Heat 5ml oil in a pan and cook 225g lean beef rump steak alongside 1 small onion, sliced.’
- ‘I chose risotto with asparagus, clams and octopus carpaccio to start, followed by rump steak and polenta.’
- ‘This is how to cook a 2.5cm thick rump steak so that it's nice and rare in the middle.’
- ‘I'll never stop eating meat, especially the crackling off roast pork and blood-oozing rump steaks but I admit I haven't made much of a hole in Europe's beef mountain.’
- ‘The 10 oz rump steak is half the meaty price it costs today at just £7.95.’
- ‘The most popular steak dish is the 300g rump steak with béarnaise sauce and chunky chips and garden salad.’
- ‘Pan-frying is a good way to cook rump steaks or chops, which are at their juiciest when served well-seared on the outside and pink inside.’
- ‘In the old days you didn't mind a good bit of fat on a rump steak.’
- ‘Pound per metric pound, it's cheaper to buy rump steak than it is pork tongue.’
- ‘You don't have to go far to fall over a deer in these parts and the venison rump steak with gravy and rowan jelly was undoubtedly local.’
- ‘The menu boasts everything from rump steaks to bangers and mash - and there are jackets and baguettes available too.’
- ‘But my dinner of a 5oz rump steak was only 3 quid, hot, tender and tasty.’
- ‘I chose the rump steak, which was served with a baked tomato and buttered mushrooms.’
- ‘The food was good (I had oysters, rump steak and a mixed dessert platter) the wine was cheap and plentiful and the company excellent.’
- ‘The rump steak was succulent and was served with creamy mash, although the overcooked ratatouille let the dish down.’
- ‘I successfully ordered a rump steak with chips and peas and Mexican chicken with chips and salad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.