Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A planet which is held to have a particular influence over a specific sign of the zodiac, house, aspect of life, etc.‘the Sun, your ruling planet, changes sign on the 19th’
- ‘Your ruling planet Venus is naturally goddess of shopping, and this week she'll be giving your urge to splurge on essential luxuries an encouraging nudge.’
- ‘Their job, like their ruling planet the Sun, is to shine.’
- ‘Venus, your perpetual ruling planet, continues its retrograde motion in your opposite sign of Scorpio, which is certainly bringing you a whole new perspective on your relationships.’
- ‘While you and Sagittarius host each other's ruling planets, you've been blessed with a remarkable and mutually advantageous natural alliance.’
- ‘With your ruling planet, Mercury, zooming backwards in Capricorn, you may be prone to profound hunches that feel solid but are actually wrong.’
- ‘In your case, with your Leo Ascendant, your ruling planet is the Sun.’
- ‘While your ruling planet Mercury in the sign of practical Capricorn isn't brilliant for imaginative work, it's excellent for spotting profitable business opportunities.’
- ‘Very communicative thanks to their ruling planet Mercury, Virgo children love to talk, and are lively in arguments and debates.’
- ‘Your personal ruling planets are Venus and Moon.’
- ‘After the Sun moves into Virgo on August 23, Mercury moves into Libra on August 26 and Mars, your ruling planet, moves into Virgo on August 29, you will feel as if you need to be more careful, tend to details and listen to others.’
- ‘With your ruling planet in Scorpio going retrograde next week, it may be a good time to practice some of the skills of love.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.