One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- medical term for measles
- ‘Also called rubeola, measles can be serious and even fatal for small children.’
- ‘Serologic tests for Epstein-Barr virus, rubeola, and rubella were consistent with prior exposure.’
- ‘Viral etiologies of rashes include rubeola, rubella, erythema infectiosum and roseola.’
- ‘Three organisms cause infections that result in the requirement that infected patients be placed in airborne precautions: chickenpox and disseminated zoster, rubeola, and pulmonary or laryngeal TB.’
- ‘Pneumonia is a known complication of rubeola, varicella, and pertussis.’
Late 17th century: from medieval Latin, diminutive (on the pattern of variola) of Latin rubeus ‘red’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.