One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of poor quality and little value.‘rubbishy reality TV shows’
worthless, valueless, trashy, inferior, unsatisfactory, substandard, second-rate, third-rate, poor-quality, low-quality, low-grade, cheap, shoddy, tawdry, gimcrack, twopenny-halfpennyView synonyms
- ‘I remember thinking the plot was sentimental, rubbishy pap.’
- ‘If the industry wants to churn out tons of rubbishy viral ads, it's not going to be worth their while, because they're just not going to be seen.’
- ‘For years, the argument runs, anonymity has actually been the way to get self-serving or rubbishy stories into a self-serving and increasingly rubbishy media.’
- ‘If they published a rubbishy book, I'd tell you.’
- ‘More often than not, their current albums are a bit rubbishy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.