Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Hard white icing made from icing sugar and egg whites, typically used to decorate fruit cakes.
glaze, sugar pasteView synonyms
- ‘All the cakes were either topped with royal icing or butter icing.’
- ‘Decoration is important; festive fruit cakes are usually topped with marzipan and covered with royal icing, suitably embellished with piping, cut paper, and little figures.’
- ‘The focus of this class is learning and perfecting various kinds of piping and flowers made from buttercream and royal icing.’
- ‘The festival will include cakes for all occasions, with toppings made of fondant, butter cream, fresh cream, and royal icing.’
- ‘Made from icing sugar and egg whites, royal icing sets like concrete.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.