One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small West African antelope with an arched back, short neck, and a red and brown coat.
Neotragus pygmaeus, family Bovidae
- ‘The delicate pygmy antelopes include the royal antelope, beira, klipspringer, oribi, grysbok, steinbok, dik-dik, and suni.’
- ‘The other stamps in the set depict the manatee and the royal antelope.’
- ‘The former is slightly below the size range of the smallest extant bovid, the royal antelope; the latter is slightly above the size range of the largest extant bovid, the Asian water buffalo.’
- ‘It's a wonderful introduction to places and creatures rarely heard about, from the kagu (an endangered bird from the island of New Caledonia) to the rare royal antelope of the Guinean forests of West Africa.’
- ‘Despite its size, the royal antelope is reputedly able to jump about 2.8 m (9 feet) at a bound.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.