One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dull regularity of events or actions.‘the routineness of life’
- ‘I think it has to do with the routineness of life sort of living by a timetable.’
- ‘The user actively plays the role of producer and audience, not just in terms of a heightened pattern of interactivity but in the regularity and routineness with which Websites appear.’
- ‘I would rather have accepted the usual 'routineness' of life than all that stress.’
- ‘The adoption of organizational rules is influenced by other factors such as routineness of organizational tasks and environmental complexities.’
- ‘The focus on "stages" and "events" tends to gloss over the day-to-day humdrum, the mind-numbing routineness of it all.’
- ‘The mix of gee-whiz gadgetry and the day-to-day routineness of Jack and Victoria's lives is interesting enough, but the film is too glacially paced.’
- ‘The routineness of it all belies just how much fun we were in for over the course of the mission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.