One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clearly, the hope is that moviegoers will find it rousingly topical.’
- ‘A chorus rousingly sings the full-length anthem for each branch of the military.’
- ‘The crowd danced and danced and danced along with the band, and a rousingly good time was had by all.’
- ‘It would have been easy for him to write a rousingly romantic biography which glossed over the enormous contradictions of Ryan's career.’
- ‘The most successful war-related song, which outsold anything by Dylan, was Sergeant Barry Sadler's rousingly patriotic 1966 hit ‘The Ballad of the Green Berets’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.