One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of bowling) performed with an outward horizontal swing of the arm.
- ‘Over-arm bowling was still not the thing in those days, but J. Caesar was a fast round-arm bowler.’
- ‘Under the pressure that comes with a major final Boswell's chest-on, round-arm action disintegrated and Somerset cruised to victory.’
- ‘Throughout the fight Cantwell swung wildly at the champion with round-arm swings which Petelo easily avoided.’
- ‘He is credited with introducing round-arm and overarm bowling to Victoria.’
- ‘Fleming had struggled to pick Lasith Malinga's round-arm deliveries in the first Test at Napier, released from in front of the umpire, after which he had made the request.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.