One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of bowling) performed with an outward horizontal swing of the arm.
- ‘Throughout the fight Cantwell swung wildly at the champion with round-arm swings which Petelo easily avoided.’
- ‘Over-arm bowling was still not the thing in those days, but J. Caesar was a fast round-arm bowler.’
- ‘He is credited with introducing round-arm and overarm bowling to Victoria.’
- ‘Fleming had struggled to pick Lasith Malinga's round-arm deliveries in the first Test at Napier, released from in front of the umpire, after which he had made the request.’
- ‘Under the pressure that comes with a major final Boswell's chest-on, round-arm action disintegrated and Somerset cruised to victory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.