Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of bowling) performed with an outward horizontal swing of the arm.
- ‘He is credited with introducing round-arm and overarm bowling to Victoria.’
- ‘Over-arm bowling was still not the thing in those days, but J. Caesar was a fast round-arm bowler.’
- ‘Under the pressure that comes with a major final Boswell's chest-on, round-arm action disintegrated and Somerset cruised to victory.’
- ‘Fleming had struggled to pick Lasith Malinga's round-arm deliveries in the first Test at Napier, released from in front of the umpire, after which he had made the request.’
- ‘Throughout the fight Cantwell swung wildly at the champion with round-arm swings which Petelo easily avoided.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.