One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A journey over rough sea.
- 1.1 A difficult time or experience.‘the rough passage faced by the legislation’
- ‘I told her that it might be a rough passage, but I believed that she had a good chance of being able to walk again.’
- ‘Ultimately, Geldof discovered more about America and himself than America learned about him during the rough passage that climaxed at the Palladium in New York.’
- ‘Whatever way you look at it, a rough passage would be a fair appraisal for his sojourn at the top so far.’
- ‘It's had a rough passage at times, particularly post-9 / 11.’
- ‘The Stones had a rough passage through the Flower Power era, but came out the other side harder, flasher - with their eyes re-opened.’
- 1.1 A difficult time or experience.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.