One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a few imperfections.‘the text looks pretty rough around the edges’
- ‘The documentary is a bit grainy and rough around the edges, but where else are you going to learn about this unheralded piece of animation history?’
- ‘‘When we talked about what our goals were, all three of us said we really wanted to communicate a message, even if it's kind of rough around the edges - we all just really wanted to get it out,’ she says.’
- ‘The camerawork is enthusiastic and the editing has some nice touches - cutting on beats and using splitscreen effects - but it's rough around the edges and would have benefited from a more seasoned hand to give a little more direction.’
- ‘This is a dark film, a bit rough around the edges, but its willingness to examine the connections between violence and ambition in the male world of the story makes it a bracing and memorable experience.’
- ‘This debut effort shows lots of promise, but is still rough around the edges.’
- ‘However, they're still a bit rough around the edges - sound quality would make an enormous difference.’
- ‘The stealth aspect of the game is also a little rough around the edges since sneaking past guards or security cameras is based almost entirely on trial and error.’
- ‘It's not as smooth as I'd like it to be - I haven't really written fiction for a while, and my last effort wasn't very good, so things are a bit rough around the edges.’
- ‘In a way, the image quality matches the film - it's gritty and a bit rough around the edges, but it always delivers where it counts.’
- ‘This one is rough around the edges; however, its heart is luminous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.