One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rotary wing aircraft, such as a helicopter or autogiro.
- ‘More rotorcraft fly the skies above the big Brazilian metropolis than anywhere else in South America.’
- ‘They have also tested fully autonomous landings and semi-autonomous take-offs for the gas-powered rotorcraft.’
- ‘Whichever company wins the contract is regarded as a shoo-in for a much larger Pentagon order for 200 or more search-and-rescue rotorcraft.’
- ‘Looking farther into the future, the Army has a requirement for and has begun concept development of a future utility rotorcraft equipped with an advanced gas turbine engine.’
- ‘The manufacturers recommended that only pilots with over 500 hours flying experience of rotorcraft use the R22 for aerial photography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.