One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute multicellular aquatic animal of the phylum Rotifera.
- ‘Mammals cannot regenerate lost limbs, although they do have a limited capacity to replace the ends of digits, and nematodes and rotifers cannot regenerate at all.’
- ‘The protein/lipid ratio is in the range found for rotifers, small multicelled fresh water organisms.’
- ‘It is particularly common amongst arthropods and rotifers, and can also be found in some species of fish, amphibians, birds, and reptiles, but not in mammals.’
- ‘Ludwig's plan also calls for growing rotifers and copepod nauplii in ponds or indoor tanks and redesigning a device called a rotating drum filter to harvest them.’
- ‘In experiments using adult rotifers, we have shown that reciprocity held as long as no significant photoreactivation was observed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.