One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bread, especially a flat round bread cooked on a griddle.‘serve with roti or parathas’count noun ‘I kept four rotis in a thali’as modifier ‘we went to the roti shop’
- ‘Janardhan took him to the bus stop after lunch, which once again had been of many dishes, paratha and roti.’
- ‘Unleavened breads made with white and wheat flour are eaten with many meals; these include the robust naan, claybaked roti, and paratha.’
- ‘If the sauce is poured over the kebabs, it can be served as the main dish along with naan, roti or chapatti.’
- ‘Turn spicy masala potatoes into a meal with some wilted spinach and warm naan or roti bread, or serve with seared fish or roast chicken.’
- ‘If you don't want a full meal, you can get roti bread with satay sauce for five bucks.’
From Hindi roṭī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.