One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine with rotating blades for breaking up or tilling the soil.
- ‘He said that it was felt that some of the implements like rotavators and bed planters being very costly, were not within the reach of the farmer.’
- ‘I hired a rotavator and got last year's pig pen turned over ready for the sowing of seeds starting next month.’
- ‘We annoyed the neighbours with a borrowed rotavator at the weekend instead of employing someone to do it all for us on a weekday.’
- ‘It would also extend finance up to 90 per cent on tractor-operated implements such as trailer, cultivator, rotovator, front-end dozer and loaders.’
- ‘We have been able to come up with an old tractor with a bucket that moves the materials, and we also have a rotovator with which we can mix the materials.’
1930s: blend of rotary + cultivator.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.