One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tough sheath of tendons and ligaments that supports the arm at the shoulder joint.
- ‘He still has trouble with his lower and upper back and both shoulders, especially the right rotator cuff, which stabilizes the head of the humerus within the shoulder joint.’
- ‘You don't need to be a major-league fastballer to have problems with your rotator cuff - the sheath of muscle that connects your arm to your shoulder.’
- ‘In several clinical studies, the use of ultrasonography or arthrography has shown residual defects in surgically repaired rotator cuffs, with an incidence as high as 50% in some reports.’
- ‘Tendinitis of the shoulder, particularly the rotator cuff, is prevalent among swimmers and athletes who perform repeated overhead motions.’
- ‘The rotators of the hip are like the rotator cuff of the shoulder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.