One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tough sheath of tendons and ligaments that supports the arm at the shoulder joint.
- ‘You don't need to be a major-league fastballer to have problems with your rotator cuff - the sheath of muscle that connects your arm to your shoulder.’
- ‘In several clinical studies, the use of ultrasonography or arthrography has shown residual defects in surgically repaired rotator cuffs, with an incidence as high as 50% in some reports.’
- ‘The rotators of the hip are like the rotator cuff of the shoulder.’
- ‘Tendinitis of the shoulder, particularly the rotator cuff, is prevalent among swimmers and athletes who perform repeated overhead motions.’
- ‘He still has trouble with his lower and upper back and both shoulders, especially the right rotator cuff, which stabilizes the head of the humerus within the shoulder joint.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.