One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their distinctive rotative engine was complete by 1787, and 4,000 horsepower was in use by 1800, over half in Lancashire, Staffordshire, London, and Yorkshire.’
- ‘The Crossness Pumping Station was the key element, housing as it did, four magnificent rotative beam engines built by James Watt and Company.’
- ‘James Watt patented his separate-condenser steam engine in 1774, and its rotative version in 1781.’
- ‘Railway engineers looked on with envy at these smooth running rotative engines, which required no balancing and had no reciprocating motion to bedevil things.’
- ‘His main backdrop at the museum will be the Easton and Amos rotative beam engine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.